Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Minden Samples on the Painting Table

Last night I primed six Minden Prussian figures that I had left over from my last order and I thought that I would paint some more Hesse Seewald samples this evening. If all goes well, I will post updated pictures later tonight or tomorrow.

There are so many butterflies flitting about, trying to capture my attention these days. I seem to go back and forth between Austrian cavalry and infantry, a few Prussians here and there, Hesse Seewald imaginary uniforms, 1806 French, some Seaforth Highlanders for India and a few other projects. I am trying to maintain the discipline to stick with the Austrians through the rest of December and January, but it can be hard with so many tempting figures to paint.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jim,

    I believe this is what Brigadier Young and Colonel Lawford referred to, somewhere in the final pages of Charge!, as, "madness". But it's a pretty good kind of affliction to suffer from in my book. ;-)

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Postpone the rest, paint Hesse Seewald!!!! Huzzah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prinz Geoffrey has the right of it. Paint your Minden Hesse-Seewald troops . . . or if you are still waiting for them, some SYW Austrians.

    Forget the Nappies for that way lies madness. Remember, a tricorn keeps everything balanced.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete