Monday, June 6, 2011

Oguliner Croats


Karlstadter Oguliner regiment of Croats. Click once or twice to see them in all of their glory!

Update: I may have found a way of posting the 'adjusted pictures' to this blog. I copied the actual picture in iPhotos and placed it in a folder that already exists on the desktop. This seems to work as you can see from the above picture (adjusted) versus a similar picture, below, that is 'unadjusted' and underexposed. It's a bit clunky to do it this way, but if it works...


While we are at it, here is an adjusted picture of the Josef Esterhazy regiment of Minden Hungarians that I recently completed, save for the basing. Double click please.




Here is a picture of some of the Minden Croats that I have been working on recently. This is the Karlstadter Oguliner regiment, sporting blue coats and waist coats and red breeches. Uniform piping is in yellow and the barrel sash around the waist is red and green. They were part of the Karlstadter border region which included the Liccaner, Ottochaner, Oguliner and Szuliner regiments.

I'm still having problems with the new iPhotos software, but at least this version can be expanded by clicking once or twice on the photo. This version is a little bit underexposed, but when it is enlarged, the details of the Minden figures become clearer.

If I don't find out how to upload my adjusted photos into Blogger, I might have to resort to posting entries without pictures (worst case) or temporarily use the old iMac that we have. At least I can upload the pix from that computer, clunky though it is.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous figures, Jim! Really making me itch to add some Croats to my own forces before long.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paint a few at a time Stokes, say 6 or 8 at a time and before you know it, you have a complete unit.

    Part of it for me is that I simply enjoy painting interesting figures such as the Mindens and the Golcondans.

    ReplyDelete