Friday, January 16, 2015

Heading Into A 3-day Weekend or Oh Be Joyful!

My latest acquisitions from E-Bay.

Americans have a national holiday this weekend (MLK Day) so most of us have a three day weekend.

Hmm, what can I do to take advantage of the extra time?  Normally, I would hunker down in the Man Cave for three days and not be seen again until Monday evening. However, just 5-weeks from my wrist surgery it is still a little too tender to do much figure painting. I can go in 15-20 minute spurts, but that is all. So while I would love to finish off those dozen Volontaires de Saxe that are sitting on the painting table, it would be a minor miracle if they were completed.

If it's a miracle, it's a Kalinsky 10 point O miracle, Colour Sargent Bourne.

Aye, and backed up with a bit of pain threshold.

So I still have not answered the question of how to spend this time. As I cast my eyes around the Man Cave, what do they settle on but this?



Trenton! It seems like this would be the perfect time to play the first solo test of the scenario. With a little bit of negotiating with Mrs Fritz ( I have a surplus of favor chits in the ledger), I envision the conversation going a little bit like this:

Me: "well my Dear, it's off to the Man Cave with me! I've got the Battle of Trenton to fight and General Washington is depending on me."

Her: ( rolling her eyes) " Chin chin and all that, do go on playing with your Little Men."

Me: " what ho?" thinks I . This is turning out better than I had imagined. "why thankee, Dearest."

Her: "Just as long as you remember that you have to take Lady Emma Cuddlestone-Smythe and four of her friends to the cinema on Sunday to see "Paddington Bear."

Me: (thinking to myself) well that wasn't all bad.





4 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is going swimmingly. Enjoy the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it is all still going to plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife also uses the term "Little Men". Most of the time I think it's used affectionately.

    ReplyDelete