Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Upplands Regiment WIP

Warfare Miniatures - Upplands Regiment


Here is a quick picture that I took this morning showing the first dozen Warfare Miniatures GNW Swedes that I have painted so far. I selected various regiments from the Poltava order of battle disclosed in the Osprey Campaign book on Poltava. I would imagine that a lot of other collectors use the same methodology- organizing around Poltava.

The figures are informally placed on their 60mm by 80mm stands to give an impression of how they might look when based.

The photo is uploaded from my iPad and for some reason, Blogger will let you edit your pix in any manner possible (save for improving the focus), but it will not upload pix that you can click and enlarge. However, if I email the pix to myself and download them into my desktop computer and then upload them into my blog, then the pix magically enlarge. Blogger, how stupid can you be; why don't you fix this feature in your software? Blogger wins my Stupid Company of the Year Award.

At any rate, I will fix the pictures this evening after I get home from work and add some better posed shots.

13 comments:

  1. Very nice they look too.

    Are you and I entering an arms race?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good grief, no! :)

      GNW is a little diversion from painting Minden figures all of the time. I will go back and forth between the two. My one year goal is to have 3-4 battalions and 2 cavalry regiments per side (Russian and Swedish).

      Delete
  2. The Swedes had such a great eye for color!
    These are looking rather nice and good to see Mollo in such a prominent position. Do I recall correctly some respondent on your blog lamenting the scarcity of the Mollo SYW book? I see it regularly on eBay for not a King's Ransom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that I have 3 or 4 copies of Mollo that I have collected over the years. They seem to be easier to find these days, don't know why.

      Delete
    2. I have two copies myself. One is a Blanford HB and the other is a Hippocrene HB.

      Delete
    3. That was me! And I fortunately found a quite reasonably priced copy a week or two after that post. Very glad to have it in my library.

      Rob

      Delete
    4. Glad you found one, Rob! I was going to offer up one of mine.

      Delete
  3. "För Fäderneslandet, Gå på! – Hurra!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice painting. I'm looking forward to seeing the project progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Painting seems to build its own momentum during a new project.

      Delete
  5. Good choice on Upplands Regemente - those guys were part of the final doomed charge at Poltava!

    ReplyDelete